Dyson online accessibility policy
Last updated: June 6, 2018
Dyson is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience. We strive to conform to consistently high levels of usability across our website, following industry standard best-practice accessibility guidelines. To validate our work, we collaborate with independent accessibility testing providers.
We endeavour to conform to Level A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities and help make the web more user-friendly for everyone.
Having problems accessing our content?
We’re aware that we still face challenges in providing a fully-accessible website, so we’re actively working on improving the following issues:
1. Dyson is committed to providing accessible PDFs for new documents and new products. Should you encounter a non-accessible PDF anywhere on the website, please contact us at 0800 298 0298 or email@example.com for an alternative format and we’d be happy to provide it for you.
2. We’re currently aware of an accessibility limitation with our video player. This results in screen reader and keyboard-only users having difficulty accessing controls. However, the video can be played and paused. We’re working on a solution to this, currently planned for Fall 2018.
3. We’re aware some of the videos do not have captions or audio. If you have difficulties accessing the content within the video, you can contact Dyson on 0800 298 0298 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. There are a few areas of the site that duplicate the ID of some elements. These have been tested and should not have any impact on current browser or screen reader operation.
5. We have used looping animations throughout the site to describe the technology used in our products. If you find these distracting you can pause the animation by activating this Animation Lock.