The Dyson guarantee
All Dyson machines come with a hassle-free guarantee.* This includes the repair or replacement and ongoing support of your machine. Additionally, you can register for a My Dyson account. Here you can access personalised guides, see your registered machine(s), track the length left on your guarantee and more.
The Dyson guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, the legal rights and remedies that you will have, free of charge, against the person who sold you a Dyson machine (which may or may not be Dyson), which includes certain legal rights and remedies in connection with defective products and/or products not provided in accordance with your contract with that person.
- Cordless vacuums
- Robot vacuums
- Fans and heaters
- Purifiers and humidifiers
- Hair dryers
- Hair stylers
- Hair straighteners
- Corded vacuums
- Hand dryers
Dyson machines are engineered for continual high performance. If a Dyson machine is used in the way it's intended and it breaks down within the guarantee period, it's our responsibility to repair or replace it.
Includes batteries and select parts for the same length of time as your machine.
Our technology is built to last. But if something goes wrong, we'll arrange to collect your machine from you free of charge.
All of our repairs use genuine Dyson parts. If we can’t repair your machine, we’ll replace it for you.
If you want to upgrade your vacuum, you can transfer your existing machine and guarantee to someone else.
What's not covered
There are, however, some circumstances in which a Dyson guarantee doesn't cover the repair or replacement of a machine. These aren't hidden in the small print.
- Normal wear and tear, including parts that might wear out over time (e.g. fuse, belt, brush bar, batteries, filters etc.).
- Accidental damage
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate. Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended appliance maintenance.
- Removal of blockages. If your machine becomes blocked, please refer to the Dyson Operating Manual for details of how to unblock it.
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges.
- Failures caused by circumstances outside of Dyson’s control.
- Faults caused by:
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation of the machine;
- Use of the vacuum cleaner which is not in accordance with the Dyson Operating Manual;
- Use of a Dyson machine for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country in which it was purchased.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Dyson.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not Dyson Genuine Components. A full range of genuine Dyson spares and accessories for all Dyson machines is available at www.dyson.co.uk/spares.
- Faulty assembly or installation (except where carried out by Dyson).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Dyson or its authorised agents.
The terms and conditions of a Dyson guarantee are as follows:
- The guarantee becomes effective at the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later).
- You must provide proof of delivery / purchase before any work can be carried out on your machine under the guarantee. Please note that without this proof any work carried out will be chargeable. Please keep your purchase receipt or delivery note.
- All work will be carried out by Dyson or its authorised agents.
- Any parts which are replaced will become the property of Dyson.
- The repair or replacement of your machine under guarantee will not extend the period of the guarantee.
- The guarantee provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- The Dyson guarantee is provided by Dyson Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2627406 and with our registered office at Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 0RP which is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is 736734610.
Where is the Dyson guarantee valid?
- Where this machine is sold outside of the EU, this guarantee will only be valid if the machine is used in the country in which it was sold.
- Where this machine is sold within the EU, this guarantee will only be valid (i) if the machine is used in the country in which it was sold or (ii) if the machine is used in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain or the United Kingdom and the same model as this machine is sold at the same voltage rating in the relevant country.
- If you take your machine abroad the guarantee may be invalidated. However, we will do our best to help you in your new country of residence.
Are Dyson guarantees transferable?
- Dyson guarantees are transferable with the machine, provided the original proof of purchase from a recognised retailer is supplied, together with evidence of any change of ownership of the machine, confirming that the machine was in good working order when the change of ownership took place.
Troubleshooting and replacement parts
Don’t worry, whether you're in or out of guarantee, we’re still on hand to help. The simplest and quickest way to solve a problem is through our online troubleshooting tool or by finding a replacement part. Alternatively you can contact us on the links below for help and advice.
How to claim
If troubleshooting hasn't resolved your issue, please call us on 0800 298 0298 where our Dyson Experts are on hand to help you. From here, we'll decide whether you need a cost-free repair or replacement and let you know the next steps.