Dyson guarantee: terms and conditions.
What does a Dyson guarantee cover?
A Dyson guarantee covers the repair or replacement (at Dyson's discretion) of your Dyson machine if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship within the guarantee period.
If any part is no longer available (e.g. particular colour variations), Dyson will replace it with a functional replacement part.
Your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.
What isn't covered by a Dyson guarantee?
Dyson machines are engineered and constructed for continual high performance in normal domestic settings. If a Dyson machine is used in the way it's intended and it breaks down within the guarantee period, it's our responsibility to repair or replace it.
There are, however, some circumstances in which a Dyson guarantee doesn't cover the repair or replacement of a machine. These aren't hidden in the small print. Here's what isn't covered:
- Normal wear and tear, including parts that might wear out over time (e.g. fuse, belt, brush bar, batteries, filters etc.).
- Accidental damage
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate.
- Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended appliance maintenance.
- Removal of blockages. If your machine becomes blocked, please refer to the Dyson Operating Manual for details of how to unblock it. If you are unsure, our customer support helpline is free to call on 0800 298 0298. A Dyson expert will talk you through what to do.
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges.
- Failures caused by circumstances outside of Dyson’s control.
- Faults caused by:
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation of the machine;
- Use of the vacuum cleaner which is not in accordance with the Dyson Operating Manual;
- Use of a Dyson machine for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country in which it was purchased.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Dyson.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not Dyson Genuine Components. A full range of genuine Dyson spares and accessories for all Dyson machines is available at www.dyson.co.uk/spares.
- Faulty assembly or installation (except where carried out by Dyson).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Dyson or its authorised agents.
If you have any questions about what a Dyson guarantee covers, we'll be happy to help. You can call us free on 0800 298 0298.
What are the terms and conditions of the guarantee?
The terms and conditions of a Dyson guarantee are as follows:
- The guarantee becomes effective at the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later).
- You must provide proof of delivery / purchase before any work can be carried out on your machine under the guarantee. Please note that without this proof any work carried out will be chargeable. Please keep your purchase receipt or delivery note.
- All work will be carried out by Dyson or its authorised agents.
- Any parts which are replaced will become the property of Dyson.
- The repair or replacement of your machine under guarantee will not extend the period of the guarantee.
- The guarantee provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
If you have any questions, you can call us free on 0800 298 0298.
Where is the Dyson guarantee valid?
- Where this machine is sold outside of the EU, this guarantee will only be valid if the appliance is used in the country in which it was sold.
- Where this machine is sold within the EU, this guarantee will only be valid (i) if the appliance is used in the country in which it was sold or (ii) if the appliance is used in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain or the United Kingdom and the same model as this appliance is sold at the same voltage rating in the relevant country.
If you take your machine abroad the guarantee may be invalidated. However, we will do our best to help you in your new country of residence.
If you need any advice, please call us free on 0800 298 0298.
Are Dyson guarantees transferable?
Dyson guarantees are transferable with the machine, provided the original proof of purchase from a recognised retailer is supplied, together with evidence of any change of ownership of the machine, confirming that the machine was in good working order when the change of ownership took place.