Dyson purifier humidifiers are tested beyond the industry standard
We test our purifier humidifiers in a room size of 81m³, with nine sensors that continuously measure air quality. Some other manufacturers use a small 28.5m³ chamber, with only one sensor and a fan to boost circulation.
Industry-standard test chamber – only 28.5m³
Dyson POLAR test chamber - 81m³
Common household pollutants
Household fumes and cooking
Cleaning products and candles
Benzene and VOCs
Gas stoves and car exhausts
Pollen and allergens
Industrial emissions and house dust
Only a Dyson is fully sealed to HEPA H13 standard⁴
To prevent pollutants leaking back into the air, it's not just the filter that's sealed to HEPA H13 standard, it's the whole purifier humidifier.⁴ So what goes inside, stays inside.
Destroys potentially harmful bacteria
Dyson Ultraviolet Cleanse technology exposes every drop of water to a powerful λ275nm UV light. This kills 99.9% of bacteria in the water.² Cleansed water is then evaporated by the biostatic 3D air mesh, before hygienic, humidified air is projected throughout the room.⁶
To humidify your environment, hygienically
Central heating and air conditioning units can contribute to dry air developing in the home, which can cause dehydration. The Dyson purifying humidifying fan automatically maintains the target level of moisture in your air with an invisible stream of evaporated water, and no mist – for a more comfortable environment.
Choose your model
Frequently asked questions
The Dyson purifier humidifier senses and captures pollutants and measures the correct level of moisture in the air – automatically. Then, it projects purified and hygienically humidified air around the whole room, cooling you when needed.
Yes, to get the best results, a purifier humidifer should be used all year round. To help combat dry air from central heating and air conditioning, and capture pollutants such as dust, pollen, smoke, odours and pet allergens. You can also use the purifier humidifier when sleeping, on night mode.
We've re-engineered our latest purifier humidifier to be fully sealed to HEPA H13 standard.⁴ With a hassle-free Deep clean cycle that eliminates mineral build-up throughout your machine's water system.
Your Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool™ is engineered to purify and humidify single rooms, so you should use it where you spend the majority of your time at home. When placing the machine, make sure there's at least a few feet of clearance on all sides, so that the air can circulate effectively. Close doors and windows and place away from air vents.
Yes. The machine works as a purifier humidifier, or just a purifying fan.
This depends on the water hardness where you live. The machine prompts you to run the cycle once a month in hard water areas. It prompts you less often in softer water areas. Running a Deep clean cycle helps to eliminate odours that occur through poor maintenance.
- 1 Dyson’s product filtration efficiency at MPPS achieved 99.95% H13 HEPA level defined by EN1822, compared to the purifiers based on market data [from March 2020]. Product filtration efficiency tests conducted at IBR US within a chamber specified in ASTM F3150, under max mode and using particles challenged by oil according to EN1822.
- 2 Tested for filtration efficiency at 0.1 microns (EN1822, ISO29463).
- 3 Hulin et al, 'Respiratory health and indoor air pollutants based on quantitative exposure assessments', European Respiratory Journal, October 2012.
- 4 Tested for purification coverage in an 81m³ chamber. Tested for humidification coverage in a 41m³ chamber.
- 5 Compared to fan speed 10
- 6 Particle challenge by DEHS oil specified in EN1822 within a chamber specified in ASTM F3150. Tested in Max Mode at IBR US, for whole machine efficiency above 99.95%.
- 4 Particle challenge by DEHS oil specified in EN1822 within a chamber specified in ASTM F3150. Tested in Max Mode at IBR US, for whole machine efficiency above 99.95%.